4.09.2005

I've got a fever...

I've got a fever... and the only perscription is for a pitch down the pipe! Yes, I typed that correctly- a dual reference to a SNL skit and the new Sox/ Romantic comedy film "Fever Pitch". Saw it last night in the company of my lovely and beautiful girlfriend Emily as well as Chef, Vanessa, and about another million devoted inhabitants of Red Sox nation!

Great movie- period! The starring roles were superbly acted (Barrymore & Fallon), and the supporting role filled by our beloved "Sawx" was a wicked pissah!! This film was so true to life and accurate in terms of it's representation of how this thing called fandom works- not only in terms of the craziness that is being a Red Sox fan but also in terms of how it intertwines and affects the daily lives of so many. I'll admit, I'm a crazy Sox fan... and I don't make any bones about it- I Love This Team!

Well... for any that haven't seen this movie yet, what are you waiting for??! Get out and see it, you'll be glad you did. And for those of us that did... the DVD us gonna be slammin!

Not that this is a review, but if I were to rate this thing I would have to give it **** out of 5 stars!
Yep, I'm partial and biased... and I don't care!!!

No comments: